Sunday, January 1, 2012

This Lala wants to be a Mama!

UPDATE POST 08/06/12
UPDATE POST 07/31/12


So, I am now 31 and childless! Most of my married friends have 1,2 and even 3 babies! I haven't really had to much baby fever. I like being lazy on the weekends. I like my freedom to pack up and go on vaca when I want. I like to have spontaneous date nights with my husband. You get the point, I just haven't been ready! Well now it's official, this Lala wants to be a Mama!

A long time ago I gave myself a goal and told myself that if I didn't reach this goal then I could not start trying for a baby. This goal is to get down to 145 and stay at that weight for at least 6 months. So here we are January 1st and I have 80 pounds to lose. That is A LOT of weight to lose and then keep it off for 6 months. If I want to start trying in 2012 I have a lot to work to do....HOLY COW! I have a feeling I might be starting on December 31st ;)

I am jumping on the eat clean bandwagon and here is why.....I have done every yoyo diet on the planet. Some with success some without. I was on the Atkins diet and lost 55lbs just to turn around and eat like a normal person and gain it all back plus some. Here is the deal, I like to eat. I am a foodie. I love rich, tasty foods. I LOVE to cook. I love creating my own recipes. I feel like the the clean eating diet is not a diet, it's a life style change. You can eat 90% clean and still get your indulgence sometimes. On the Atkins diet I once thought I drank a Dr. Pepper and not a DIET Dr. Pepper and I went home and made myself throw up and jumped on the treadmill for 45 minutes because I thought I was going to gain 2 pounds just from one bad thing. With the clean diet I can still eat my favorite foods, I just have to alter the recipe. It's fun for me to try to change it up and get creative. That is the part I love about cooking anyway. I also like that if I eat something that is not clean I don't feel like I need to become bulimic.

Another reason for the eat clean bandwagon is the name....clean! So many foods out there are so processed and disgusting and we don't even know it. After watching Food Inc. and The Truth About Food, it really changed how I feel about food. Don't get me wrong, I love a hot dog from a Braves game or to sit and eat a whole box of cheez its while watching TV (did I say that out loud). Eating clean doesn't mean I have to stop that all together (well eating the WHOLE box should come to an end!), but I need to stop that at least 90% of the time and I think I can do that.

Everyone needs help when it comes to loosing weight. I went to an OA meeting in 2011. I never went to another one. Not because it wasn't good. It was good. If that is what you need then by all means go to them. Go to them every week. I am just to busy to go to them every week or I would. Ok, back to my story. I went to an OA meeting in 2011 and the best piece of advice I have ever been given is that you need God. (OA is not a Christian program, when they say God, they mean any God). For me, this is Jesus! I had a "why didn't I think of that" moment. I mean duh! He will help you with anything and everything. Of course your peers around you need to be mindful and not shove a burger in your face, but you can't expect them to eat like you are eating since this is your fault that you got this way and not theirs. So, I will be praying a lot about my weight in the next coming months. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to the Lord" Phillipians 4:6 (side note: I just typed up that verse without looking it up. This is one I have been trying to memorize and I just got it!!! Yay me)

Normally I use this blog as a creative outlet. Sharing recipes, craft ideas, party ideas, and so on. It will still be all that. I probably won't have as many fattening recipes as I normally do, but I am sure a few will sneak in 10% of the time ;) And just because I am eating clean does not mean I am not still going to make crafts and plan parties. What kind of world would that be!

Today I will leave you with a recipe that I made this morning. I TOTALLY forgot to take a picture of it, but you can imagine that it was pretty!

Clean Huevos Rancheros

1/4 of a whole wheat pita
1 egg
1/4 avocado
6 grape tomatoes
clean refried black beans (recipe below)

When I say 1/4 of a whole wheat pita, this is what I mean......a pita is round and there are 2 layers to it. I cut mine in half and then peel the 2 layers apart from each other. It will look like a half moon.

Preheat your oven to 300. Start the beans (see recipe below). Once the beans are done, put your pita in the oven with the inside up. Cook for about 6 minutes. It should become crispy, but not too hard. While the pita is cooking, start your eggs. I do mine over medium. ( I am not going to teach how to cook an egg, sorry!). While your egg is cooking dice up your avocado and tomatoes.

Pull out your pita, smear some refried black beans on it, put the egg on top, add the avocado and the tomatoes and voila! you have yourself some clean eating Huevos Rancheros. I add a little cilantro to mine when I have it on hand! My husband adds hot sauce to his, I choose to omit that!

Refried Black Beans
1 can black beans
1 tablespoon of ground cumin
1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

In a skillet on medium heat spoon in black beans from the can. As you spoon them in, try to reserve as much liquid in the can as possible as you will need to use it later. Once all the beans are in the skillet add the cumin, garlic, pepper, and salt. Take the back of a wooden spoon and start smashing the beans. Continue smashing and stirring until the are creamy. As you cook the beans they will become dry. This is where the liquid from the can of beans comes from. Pour a little at a time until you get the consistency you want. In a lot of restaurants they use oil or fat at this point. We could use olive oil and they would still be clean, but I would rather them be clean and low in fat. My husband says he can't tell the difference and he loves my refried black beans!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I will be following you, and praying for you! Plus, I LOVED the cupcake themed party - did you come up with all that yourself?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amelia!!! Yes I did and WAY before Pinterest LOL!!! I have been enjoying doing these crafty things for quite sometime, but Pinterest sure does make it a lot easier!!!! We need to set a date in January cause come February our life is CRAZY!!!!

    ReplyDelete