Friday, January 6, 2012

Football Bean Dip

Tonight is the Cotton Bowl and my team of choice, the Arkansas Razorbacks, are playing in it. GOOOOO HOOOOGS!!!! Football food can be pretty high in calories and not CLEAN!! So, I decided to do dips and chips. Black bean dip, guac, and of course salsa! I will be sharing my recipe for black bean dip and guac. I purchased my salsa, but don't worry it's clean! The guac recipe is my all time favorite, but I did not make it up. It's from the restaurant Rosa Mexicano.




Clean Black Bean Dip
2 cans of black beans (1 drained and one with liquid)
2 garlic cloves minced (I use more, but I love me some garlic)
1 tablespoon of ground cumin
2 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
cayenne (if desired)
fat free Greek yogurt

In a food processor or blender mix all ingredients together except for the Greek yogurt. If using a blender you may have to stop halfway through and mix so the blades don't get stuck. I like mine to be chunky so I don't let it mix for very long. You don't want it to be soup.

After its all mixed I transfer it to skillet on med low for about 10 minutes stirring often. Just to get it warm.

Then pour in a bowl. I have a bowl that is in somewhat the shape of a football so I pipe on laces with the Greek yogurt. The way I pipe it on is just by adding it to a ziplock bag and cutting a tip and Voila! it becomes a piping bag! :)

1 tbsp white onion
cilantro
jalapeno
3 hass avocado
3 tbps diced tomato
2 tbs chopped cilantro
Grind 1 tbsp. finely chopped white onion, 1 firmly packed tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, 2 tsp. finely chopped jalapeƱo, and 1 tsp. salt together in a molcajete until all the ingredients are well ground. (Alternatively, use a fork to mash the ingredients to a paste in a wide bowl.)

Cut 3 medium-ripe hass avocados (about 8 ounces each) in half. Twist the halves to separate them and remove the pit with the tip of the knife. Place an avocado half, cut side up, in your palm and make 3 or 4 evenly spaced lengthwise cuts through its flesh down to the skin, without cutting through the skin. Make 4 crosswise cuts in the same fashion.
Scoop the diced avocado flesh into the molcajete. Repeat with remaining avocado halves. Gently fold the avocado into the chile–onion paste, keeping the avocado pieces fairly intact.

Add 3 tbsp. diced tomato, 2 firmly packed tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, and 1 tbsp. finely chopped white onion.
Fold together all the ingredients. Taste and add salt, if necessary.
Serve immediately, directly from the molcajete (or bowl), with tortilla chips. Makes 4 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment