Monday, January 2, 2012

Clean Nachos




I LOVE Mexican food. I could eat it everyday. Unfortunately it is not that good for you. I came up with this version of Clean Nachos last night.

Clean Nachos
2 whole wheat pitas
1/2 pound of ground turkey
1 cup of black beans from a can
1 cup of frozen corn thawed
1 med tomato diced
1/2 avocado diced
Fat free plain Greek yogurt
1tsp cumin
1tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup of water

Preheat oven to 350.

In a small bowl add 1 cup of black beans drained, 1 cup of corn drained, diced avocado, and your diced tomato. You can eat this cold, but I normally toss it in the microwave for about a minute so it's hot.

In a medium skillet on medium heat add ground turkey, cumin, onion powder, cayenne, and garlic powder. Chop up the turkey just like you would ground beef. Stirring and flipping often. Once it's cooked all the way through it will start to get dry. Add a little bit of water at a time and cook until the water is reduced.

While the turkey is cooking, cut your pita into 6 pieces like a pizza. Then pull those pieces apart so you have 12 pieces. Place them on a cooking sheet, inside up. Cook for about 10 minutes. They should become crispy like a chip.

Once your chips are done remove them from the oven and arrange them on a plate. Add about a tablespoon of turkey, a tablespoon of the black bean and corn salsa, and about a 1/2 teaspoon of the Greek yogurt to each pita triangle. Some people could eat all 12. I am trying to lose weight and eat smaller portions so I shared them with my husband.

Enjoy!

Oh and by the way....I lost 1.5lbs when I got on the scale this morning. Since starting to diet I have lost a total of 5lbs. (I started before Thanksgiving, but with the food then, then Christmas, and then my best friend was in town, I kinda fell off the wagon!)




No comments:

Post a Comment