Monday, January 16, 2012

Extreme Couponing

So a couple of weeks ago my neighbor taught me how to coupon. It's this whole new world I really never knew about. I thought it would be hard and to time consuming. I was surprised when I was wrong. If you go to the website Southern Savers, she lays it all out for you. You pick your store and then she has everything that is on sale at that store that also has either an ecoupon, printable coupon, or a coupon from the Sunday paper. As you go down the list, you check off what you are going to buy. Then at the bottom you print your list. It's so dang easy!!!! My first trip to the store I saved $56 on a $151 bill so I only spent $95. That is crazy to me.

My favorite deal so far was on Kashi cereal. Kashi is the only kind I like and it's $3.99 a box. It happen to be on sale for $2.50 and if you bought 4 boxes of it you got a free gallon of milk. So not only was it on sale for $2.50, I also had a $1 off coupon for each box making it $1.50 a piece plus the free gallon of milk....CRAZY!!!

My other new obsession is ebates. If you ever shop online you have to go there. All you do is go to the website, search for the store you are about to buy from, it takes you to their website, and you get a percent of cash back (it will tell you the percent) The other day I went to order workout clothes. I went to the store first and then remembered ebates. Went to ebates, typed in the name, ordered my workout clothes, and I have a check on it's way for $1.35. I know that's not a lot, but I didn't spend a lot and it adds up. No reason not to do it right...money in the bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment