Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Mardi Gras

This weekend I had my niece over. I like to do theme nights when she is here. Since Mardi Gras is coming up I decided to go with that. She had a very good time! We read a book about Mardi Gras, made a King Cake, made a float, had a Mardi Gras colored meal(I didn't get a picture, but we made yellow curry coconut chicken, broccoli, and purple potatoes), colored a mask, and watched The Princess and the Frog!

To make the King Cake, I took two containers of Crescent Rolls and laid them out flat. I pinched together all the seams. I brushed melted butter on them and sprinkled sugar and cinnamon on them. Then I rolled each one up and created a ring. I baked on 325 degrees instead of 350 because I didn't want the outside to get done before the inside. I then added the colored frosting. Normally I do white icing and colored sugar, but I was out of yellow sugar!






No comments:

Post a Comment