Monday, January 9, 2012

Clean Turkey Meatballs

I really wanted some pasta the other night and meatballs sounded really good. These are super duper easy to make and tasty! My husband is not on the clean eating diet, but he said he wanted me to make a big batch of these at the beginning of the week so he could eat the leftovers all week!!! :) This made about 14 meatballs that were about a tablespoon and a half in size.


Clean Turkey Meatballs
1/2 pound of lean ground turkey
2 eggs (1 whole and 1 white only)
1 garlic clove minced (I used two and kept off the vampires)
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place slices of bread on a cookie sheet and cook for 5-7 minutes. Basically until it's hard and crunchy and not a square hockey puck! Normally at this point I would add this to my mini food processor. Mine is broken right now so I doubled up a freezer ziplock bag and hit it with a meat tenderizer and then jumped on it! And Voila! you have clean bread crumbs.

In a medium bowl add the bread crumbs and the remaining ingredients. Mix well. I let mine sit for about 15 minutes so that liquid would really soak up in the bread crumbs.

Heat a skillet with a couple of sprays of olive oil or Pam. Make small meatballs out of the turkey mixture. About 1 1/2 tablespoons to 2 tablespoons in size. I turned my about every 5 minutes until cooked all the way through. About 20-25 minutes total. I always suggest cutting into one to make sure they are cooked all the way through.

I served this over a clean eating spinach-tomato sauce (I will add this recipe soon) and pasta made of a brown rice flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment