Monday, August 6, 2012

30 Pounds Down!


March 31, 2012               August 4, 2012

So I wasn't planning on putting up before and after pictures throughout my journey. I was only going to do one at the end. But last night as I was looking through old pictures on my phone I came across a picture from March 31st and it was the first time I saw an old picture and thought wow, you can really tell I lost weight. I added that picture and a picture from this weekend into one of those frame apps so it was side by side. My sister said you are going to post that on Facebook right?!?!?! I really had not planned on it. I really don't like seeing that before picture. But I figured if it could encourage someone to begin a weight loss battle then it would be worth it. Here is the post from the beginning of my journey. 

So, I am 30 pounds down total. A little less than a third of the way to my goal weight (planning on losing 100lbs) I have not lost this weight through surgery, pills, shots, meals you buy on the internet, shakes, or any crazy fad diet. This is all the results of old fashioned HARD WORK, EATING HEALTHY, and PRAYER! I workout about 5 times a week.....sometimes less sometimes more depending on the week. I try to eat the clean lifestyle about 90% of the time. 

So, that brings up the "clean diet". This is in no way a '"fad" diet. This is a lifestyle change. You don't have to give up carbs, you just eat healthy carbs. You don't have to give up dairy, you just limit it and choose things like FF greek yogurt. You don't have to give up meat, you just choose lean cuts of meat. You don't have to give up sweets, you just use sugars that are not overly processed like white sugar and you replace it with raw honey or raw agave. This lifestyle (not diet) does not make me feel deprived. I did the atkins diet about 9 years ago and I lost 55lbs pretty darn quickly. Once I was finally over not eating carbs anymore, I blew up and gained about 65lbs back in half the time it took to gain it. This lifestyle is just eating healthy. And because I do it only 90% of the time, I still get to indulge once in a while. ( like this weekend in Key West where I ate like CRAP!!) I also LOVE to cook, so it's fun to come up with a clean version of something I love!

The next thing I am going to talk about is will power. Some people might see this and think if only I had her will power or can she give me some of her motivation. Well let me be the first to admit this is NOT easy for me. I am going to be honest and tell you that I do not like to workout. I am hopeful that this part will get easier and one day I will crave it. Right now, nope. Don't get me wrong, when I am done I am happy, it's just getting me out there. Then of course there is eating healthy. Here are the kinds of food I love....cheese fries, biscuits and gravy, nachos, pizza. I am literally the most unhealthy eater on the planet. I don't like veggies. I just started eating salads (with baby spinach only for the lettuce) in the last year. I am also addicted to food. And when I say addicted to food I mean like a druggie is addicted to drugs. Some of you might roll your eyes at that comment, but it is totally true. Driving by a fast food restaurant is like a drug addict driving by their dealers house. I am totally not joking about this. Some people will say things like....just eat healthy, just don't buy that stuff. Well unless you have been in my shoes, don't tell me that. I am 100% addicted to food. I could go into all kinds of stories that would make your eyes bug out of your head of things I have done regarding food, but I am going to save myself the embarrasment. The only thing that has worked for me on this aspect is prayer...and lots of it. 


So, this is not a before and after picture, this is a before and almost a third of the way down picture. I have to say thanks to all my family and friends that have encouraged me on my journey thus far. It means more than you know. 


Next goal...20lbs by October 6th. I have exactly 2 months starting today :)


10 comments:

  1. SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!! YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Holly. I was telling Mike today how you looked great and I didn't even know about this commitment. So it is obvious even without you needing to tell folks. Strong work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta tell you girl, you look great!!! And I can totally relate... I am a food Addict and I hate to workout!!! Wish we lived closer to workout together!!!
    Miss you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can sort of relate to the food addict part. Very often I feel like all I think about is food: I plan meals, buy food, prep food, store food, cook food, read about food, serve food, clean up after food.... and on and on..... I wonder what it would be like to not think about food and just show up at meal time and eat whatever I am served. I'll probably never know!
    I admire how eloquently you share your thoughts Holly - thanks for being real. I'm keeping you in my prayers :)

    Blessings, Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! It's good to know that someone so tight with the Big Guy is praying for me ;) Thanks for all your encouragement.

      Delete
  5. Holly you look great! Way to go! This is motivation to me...thank you!

    ReplyDelete