Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Clean Chipotle-Avocado Vinaigrette



I had a salad recently at a restaurant called Grace 1720. It was a seafood cobb salad and it was one of the best salads I have ever had. The dressing it came with was an ancho-chili vinaigrette. It was the perfect blend of sweet and spicy.

This evening I decided to make a cobb salad. My husband grew up on them. He said it's one of the main memories he has of his grandmother, Viola. She used Ott's dressing on hers. I searched high and low for the ingredients list of Ott's Red Dressing and couldn't find it anywhere. I know it's similar to French dressing, but I wanted to try to recreate the real thing. Since I don't like French dressing (or Ott's for that matter) I decided to try to recreate the ancho-chili vinaigrette I had at Grace 1720 so we could both eat it.



This is what I came up with from ingredients I could find in my fridge and pantry.....

Clean Chipotle-Avocado Vinaigrette
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
2 tbls of raw honey
1/4 tsp of garlic salt
1 tsp of chipotle powder (this makes it a little on the spicy side. Reduce to 1/2 tsp if you don't like spicy, but I liked the spice with the salad. I couldn't have taken it on it's own though...I am a baby!)
1 package of 100 calorie packs of Wholly Guacamole

Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until thoroughly mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment