Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Clean Eating Parmesan Croutons



If you are coming here to find out how to accidentally make clean croutons, you have come to the right place!!

Last week I made these croutons by accident. I was making my husband and I some clean garlic bread to go with our meal. Well I turned off the oven and then never took the bread out. The next day I went to put something in the oven and there was our garlic bread.....hard! I almost threw it away and then thought wait, I can use this as croutons. I cut it up in crouton size pieces and tried one....and the clean eating crouton was born!!!

Remember these have to be made the night before. (You could probably cook them on a lower temp for a longer amount of time and make them the same day. I have not tested this though)

Clean Eating Parmesan Crouton
1 piece of clean bread (I got mine from the farmers market. It was a whole wheat sourdough so it was a larger piece of bread. Use 2 pieces if yours is a small piece)
1.5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp of oregano
1/8 tsp of garlic salt
1 tbls of shredded parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 350.
Using a pastry brush, brush olive oil on bread. Even sprinkle oregano, garlic salt, and parmesan.
Lay bread right on the grate in the oven and back for 20 minutes. Then turn oven off and take the bread out the next day. I suggest putting a note on the oven.

Mine have been in plastic container for 4 days and they are still hard. I used them on the clean cobb salad with clean chipotle-avocado vinaigrette I made last night and they were very good. Gave it a nice crunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment