Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Front Door Frame


It was time for me to change up my front door wreath. I normally have a really big grapevine wreath that I change up for every season. This time I wanted to do something different. 

I had a dark brown frame that I really liked. I didn't want it to be brown since my front door is the same color. I had some extra spray paint in the garage in cream so I decided to go with that. I spray painted it and after it dried I took some steel wool to it and made it look antique.

Next, I wrapped the back of the frame in some material. 

After that I glued a gold, antiqued T too it. The T was originally $9.99 at Hobby Lobby, but I had a 40% off coupon so I used that. 

I also glued an embellishment flower that I found in the clearance section at Hobby Lobby to the lower right corner to add a little summer to it! 

Since the frame was old, and the spray paint was already in the garage, I spent a total of $10 on this. I love making stuff cheap!




No comments:

Post a Comment