Monday, July 9, 2012

Clean Grocery Shopping

Before I left to go to Arkansas I didn't do any grocery shopping. I used up what I had in my house so I could come home and do a big trip. Yesterday I went to the store. I bought enough groceries to last about 3 weeks and only spent $200. Some people think that eating clean is too expensive, but really it's not as bad as you think. Since you are eating smaller meals, the big meals you cook for dinner sometimes last for days. A couple of weeks ago I made one small can of tomato paste and a regular can of tomato sauce last for a week with 3 different meals....clean pizzas, clean chicken parm, and clean tomato sauce with sweet italian turkey sausage and mushrooms. (haven't blogged that recipe yet.)


Here's what's in this picture

bag of baby carrots
bag of red potatoes
zucchini 
cilantro
big bag of old fashioned rolled oats
box of baby spinach 
2 bags of brown rice pasta
4 cans of black beans
reduced fat blue cheese
fresh salsa
4 containers of FF greek yogurt
pure organic maple syrup
1 package of reduced fat mexican cheese
1 package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
FF feta
eggs
sweet potato
4 pounds of chicken
3 containers of almond milk
1 can of chic peas
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of tomato paste
2 bottles of Mrs. Dash
1 big bag of pecans
bag of whole wheat tortillas
2 big boxes of brown rice
1 can of coconut milk
1 container of mushrooms
1 package of natural popcorn
3 bananas

You don't see much fruit on this trip, but that is because a couple of weeks ago I got an awesome deal on strawberries and blueberries and froze several containers of those. I also have a few apples. As far as veggies go, I have quite a few bags of frozen veggies in my freezer. 

With clean eating I will make 2 chicken breasts for dinner, but we cut them in half and have the other half for dinner the next night on a salad or something. 2 chicken breasts will make 4 main courses for us. 

Hope this helps anyone struggling with shopping clean! Message me anytime if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment