Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Clean Mini Pizza's

Sorry for the crappy picture again! I forgot to take one after they were out of the oven, but you get the idea!

Last Friday night I needed to make something with the leftover sauce I had made Monday for my Clean Chicken Parm. I had added some Jenni-O Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage and mushrooms to it on Wednesday and made spaghetti, but I still had a little of left to use up. (I am really trying to be good about using leftovers) I was out of pasta so that was out of the question. I started looking in the fridge and these whole wheat mini pitas caught my eye....I can make mini pizzas! Since those pitas are really a pocket and kind of thick, I split them apart. I added a couple of leaves of baby spinach, a little bit of sauce, and some shaved parmesan to them. Put them in the oven on 350 for about 10 minutes. This was quick, easy, and hit the spot. My husband loved it. These would be great as an app for a party or a snack for the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment