Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Clean Eating Granola



I LOVE granola! I Especially love it on greek yogurt with some strawberries for breakfast! YUMMMY!!! My friend Lori gave me this Alton Brown Recipe and I decided to try to make it clean. You can't even tell. It was almost clean to begin with!

Clean Eating Granola

3 cups of hot multi-grain cereal
1 cup of chopped pecans
1 cup of cashews
2 tablespoons of toasted flax seed
2 tablespoon of cinnamon
3/4 cup of shredded coconut (I omit this)
3 tablespoons of raw coconut crystals
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of organic maple syrup
1/4 cup of coconut oil
3/4 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of raisins

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Microwave the coconut oil for about 10 seconds to melt it.

I a large bowl combine the cereal, nuts, coconut (if using), flax seed and coconut crystals.

In another bowl, combine maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt. Combine both bowls and mix. Pour onto 2 sheet pans and spread out. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

Let cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container. You can add the raisins at this time, but I add a little each time I use it so the moisture of the raisins doesn't affect the granola. ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment