Monday, June 25, 2012

Clean Eating Tomato Soup w/ Grilled Cheese



So tonight was not a great night for tomato soup and grilled cheese being that at 7:30 it was still in the upper 80's! However, that is what I made. I was soooo not in the mood to cook anything and we are going out of town on Friday and I did't want to buy groceries this week. This means I have to get creative. I knew I had bread and cheese that I wanted to use up before we left so a grilled cheese sandwich it was! Of course you have to have tomato soup and I just happen to have 2 cans of organic tomato paste in the pantry. This was the most thrown together meal I think I have ever made ....well maybe not! I tend to do this often! It's just the way I cook. My husband loved it, so that's all that matters!

Clean Eating Tomato Soup
2 6oz cans of tomato paste
3 cups of water
1/2 cup of FF greek yogurt
2 tablespoons of raw agave
1 tablespoon of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb
Salt to taste

In a medium saucepan on med-low add all ingredients. Whisk often for about 10-15 minutes.

While the soup is heating make the grilled cheese.

Clean Grilled Cheese (For 2)
2 pieces of clean eating bread (whole wheat with no sugar)
4oz of low fat mozzarella shredded
8 medium baby spinach leaves
EVOO spray
(I normally add a few avocado slices, but I was out)

Cut each piece of bread in half. I use my olive oil sprayer to spray a little olive oil on the sides of bread that will be facing outward. Add 2oz of cheese per sandwich and 4 spinach leaves. Cook in a skillet on med-low heat for about 5 minutes each side....until golden brown on each side and cheese is melted.
(These are small sandwiches since the whole concept of eating clean is to eat smaller portions. For my husband I use 2 full size pieces of bread and more cheese!)






No comments:

Post a Comment