Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Non-Scale Victories



Sometimes the scale can be so frustrating. Like last week I did 1.5 hours of cardio, 30 minutes of Jillian's video Ripped in 30, and ate 100% clean for 6 straight days and I lost a whopping 2 pounds...REALLY!!! I was so mad!

My husband quickly calmed me down and told me that I was burning the fat, but building muscle at the same time and so I might not see huge scale victories.

Here are some non-scale victories I have experienced lately.


  • Put on a pair of size 14 jeans right out of the dryer & they weren't tight (I started this in an 18!)
  • Lost 8" in my waist (1" in my boobs. WTH? Boobs, you are not welcome. LEAVE!!!)
  • You know those creases on the side of your back (back roll), well they are slowly disappearing!
  • I power walk a 5k or more everyday like it's no big deal!
  • I am no longer craving sugar and bad foods everyday!
  • I have more energy!
  • Went to the doc yesterday and when the nurse came out to get me she said "you've lost weight"
  • My husband hugged me and said "I can tell you have lost weight, my arms go farther around you now"
Here is a talk I had with myself recently......

As long as your are working hard and sticking with it, it's gonna work. If you don't work hard, it's not gonna work. You can't expect to do what you have always done, eat bad and not exercise, and see results. It just won't happen. So get off your booty and stay focused. NO EXCUSES! You have absolutely no excuse to not make this happen.

I am the excuse queen...I don't have time, I am too tired, I can't get up early, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!! If it's worth it to you, you will make time. I have no excuse to not get up 1 hour early and get 1 hour in right away. I have no excuse not to do Jillian in my home after work. I have no excuse not to cook healthy and eat less throughout the day. If it's not worth it to you, you will find the excuses and believe they are true. But if you do this...no complaining on being fat, not looking good in clothes, having no energy cause it's your fault....you have to make the change. No one can do it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment