Monday, June 25, 2012

Clean Shrimp Fried Rice

Horrible pic taken with my phone while I was trying to cook and take care of a 3 year old!


I love fried rice. When we go to a Chinese or Thai place I ALWAYS get the fried rice. I like it with chicken, shrimp, or scallops. On this night all I had was shrimp so that's what I went with. My 3 year old niece was over and we were having a girls night. If you ask her what her favorite food is she will tell you.....chicken, rice, and broccoli. I had to kind of fib to her and tell her the shrimp was chicken, but she cleaned her plate!! :) This is such a fast and easy thing to cook on a weeknight when you don't have a lot of time or aren't in the mood for something big. Of course you can change up the veggies you add to it. Sometimes I use corn and mushrooms. Normally just what I have on hand.

Clean Shrimp Fried Rice
3 cups of cooked brown rice
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup of cooked broccoli (I steam mine)
1/3 cup of cooked diced carrots (I just cooked them in the microwave before hand)
1/3 cup of cooked baby peas (I used one of those frozen steamer bags in the microwave)
About 30 uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 tablespoon of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb

In a small nonstick skillet on medium heat break your eggs in it. With a wooden spoon, kind of move the yolk around with the white. You aren't going for that full scrambled egg. You want a little white and yellow. Here is a video of what I mean. Of course you don't have to get all fancy like that! Just gives you the idea! Once the eggs are cooked set it aside for later.

Place rice, Mrs. Dash, and coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Cook and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes. Add veggies. Cook and stir occasionally for another 2 minutes. Move all rice and veggies to the side of the skillet and add shrimp to the open side. Cook and stir until pink and white. Mix in with the rice. Add Bragg and the egg. Stir until Bragg has coated everything. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing!!!! I may have to get Hayley to make this for me (she's so good at trying out new recipes and then telling me if I can handle them or not lol) soon. Fried rice is my FAVORITE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!!! Thanks it awesome! I love this rice. I think the key is making it with coconut oil. You can't even tell it's brown rice and Bragg instead of soy sauce! :)

    ReplyDelete