Monday, December 17, 2012

DIY Christmas Coasters

My sister in law made me these really cute coasters last year for my Christmas present. She used tile,  mod podge, scrap book paper, and cork drawer liners. They were so cute and seemed easy so I decided to make them for my neighbors this year. 

These were so easy to make and SOOO cheap. I bought a pad of Christmas scrapbook paper that had 24 sheets in it for $5.99. That's 25 cents a sheet which is really cheap. Then I bought a big bottle of the matte mod podge. I think that was about $8, but it has enough in there to probably last me a year! The tile was 16 cents a piece at Home Depot, and I already had the cork draw liners cause I made placemats with them last Easter.

First I put a layer of mod podge on the tops of the tile. Then I laid the paper on it and let it dry. I then added 4 layers of mod podge, letting each layer almost dry in between. I let them dry over night. Then I flipped them over and added a layer of mod podge to the bottom and added the cork liner and VOILA!...done! So dang easy! I might be making these a lot now!!



No comments:

Post a Comment