Monday, December 17, 2012

Elf on the Shelf

My niece spent the night with me on Saturday night. I have so much fun with her whenever she comes over. Since it's Christmas time her elf, Bobby, joined the sleep over. I wanted to do something fun with Bobby so I had my sister pack a couple barbies in their bathing suits and some of Ken's swimming trunks!

I filled up the sink with water and blue food coloring to make a pool. I had booby holding come sunscreen and I had it spell out Emily's name. I laid one barbie on a wash cloth and had one holding tinfoil to tan her face. 

This was a hug hit with Emily. She was cracking up and couldn't believe Bobby had done that!!


Bobby also left Emily a magic seed to plant!! The day before Emily met with Santa. She told him she wanted an Ariel barbie for Christmas. It just so happened that I had found an Ariel barbie on sale and had it stocked away. Santa told her she needed to stop sucking her thumb though. 

That night she did so good not sucking her thumb. When it was bed time, she asked me about 1000 times if she could suck her thumb. I said no every time and she ended up falling asleep without sucking her thumb. So, the next morning I left her a note from Bobby explaining that he had told Santa she did really good and was proud of her. He left her a magic seed (green m&m) and we planted it in a pot of sugar. While she was in the living room I stuck the Ariel barbie in the pot. 

That child was so excited. I couldn't get the smile off her face! I love doing this kind of stuff for her. It makes her so happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment