Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Chorizo Empanada Puffs

I call these Chorizo Empanada Puffs because they look like empanadas before they are cooked, but once they puff up they don't look like them anymore, but they are oh so good. 

This is really a "go to" app for me. I make them a lot because they are good, different, easy, and my husband LOVES them! 

This is not really a straight forward recipe. The first time I had them my friend, Kristie, made them and just kind of told me what was in them. So here goes....


Chorizo Empanada Puffs

I cooked up 3 links of chorizo. I basically removed the raw chorizo from the casings and added to a skillet until I felt like it was cooked through...about 20 minutes on med. 

Once that was done I laid it on paper towels to remove some of the oil (chorizo is oily)

Then I took 2 boxes of puff pastry and cut out circles with a cup. I added a little of chorizo to the middle and used warm water around the edges to crimp together. Then I used a fork to crimp more and make sure they were closed. 

I whisked an egg white and painted it on them with a pastry brush. 

Put them in the over for about 20 minutes on 350. Basically until they were golden brown.

I served them with a sweet chili sauce

I made these on my lunch break and then warmed them back in the over right before serving. 


This picture is before they puff up!

No comments:

Post a Comment