Friday, July 27, 2012

Puss in Boots Theme Night

My niece, Emily, and I love to have theme nights. This is just a Lala kind of thing to do! Normally I pick a movie and then I create our food based on the movie. Well, Puss in Boots was playing at the park last weekend so I decided I was going to take her. (We ended up getting rained out, so we bought it at home and watched it THREE times!!) I have never seen Puss in Boots, so this was going to be a challenge. I watched a couple of trailers of it on youtube and came up with my menu. 


These are horrible photos I took with my phone! 
(Which is how I take all of my photos on this blog! 
You would never know I was a photographer on the side!) 



Magic Beans....they have these green magic beens in the movie that grow a bean stock. They are in constant search for these beans. They are just little green beans that look like jelly beans so I went with Edamame! She loved it!

Golden Eggs....the reason Puss is looking for the magic beans to grow a bean stock is to get to the castle in the sky that has a goose that lays golden eggs. For this I did hard boiled eggs, peeled them, and then let them sit in cold water that I had dyed yellow. They became golden!! I also wrapped a plastic egg with a toy in it in tinfoil and spray painted it gold as a surprise during the movie when they finally found the goose!

Holy Frijoles...Puss says holy frijoles several times throughout the movie. So I made holy frijoles dip. This was just chips with refried black beans. 


Golden Coins....several times in the movie Puss had golden coins. So I bought some chocolate gold coins at Cost Plus World Market for dessert. 

She loved all of this!! It was super easy too. I love making movie night extra special for her. 


Of course you can't watch Puss in Boots without your own personal one!! (This is my baby, Paisley)


No comments:

Post a Comment