Monday, July 23, 2012

Clean No Bake Energy Bites


I have seen these a lot on Pinterest and wanted to try them. They look very tasty and the thought of energy wrapped up in a bite size ball sounded like a great idea! I got the recipe over at Gimme Some Oven. Really the only thing that kept this from being clean was the chocolate chips. I left out the coconut because I didn't have any. If you add it, make sure you add unsweetened, otherwise these will not be clean. I changed a few other things as well

Clean No Bake Energy Bites
1 cup of Multi-grain cereal
1/2 cup of CLEAN peanut butter (I use Earth Balance, only 5 ingredients and no refined sugar)
1/4 cup of flax seed
1/2 cup of raisins
1/3 cup of RAW honey (when honey and agave aren't raw, this means they have been processed and are just like eating table sugar)
1 tsp of vanilla (check the ingredient list, a lot of times there is added sugar)

Mix all of the ingredients together in bowl. Let it sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remove and make balls about 1.5 tablespoons in size. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment