Saturday, July 21, 2012

Faux Anthropologie Zinc Letters

I have always loved these letters at Anthropologie. The thought of spending $40 on 2 letters I did not love! They sell cardboard block letters at Hobby Lobby and a silver, metal looking spray paint at Home Depot. The letters at Hobby Lobby were $2.49 a piece and the spray paint was $8. So I spent a total of $13. I only used a tiny bit of the spray paint so I will be able to do many more project with that. I would say these ran me about $3 a piece with the amount of spray paint I used.


Cardboard Letters $2.49 a piece at Hobby Lobby


Hammer spray paint in silver $8 at Home Depot 

Finished Product....I put them in front of my stovetop just to 
take a picture, but I am going to go back to 
Hobby Lobby and buy an E, A, and T to put there! 
The picture makes them look gray and not metal, but they
have a metal look to them for sure. You can not tell they are
cardboard and just spray painted. 
These have their own special place, but that's another
blog post!







No comments:

Post a Comment