Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Clean, Gluten Free, Peanut Butter-Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ok, so don't get me wrong, these cookies in no way replace the awesomeness of buttery, sugary, milk chocolatey, yummy Toll House chocolate chip cookies. My husband's response to them was "you really think those taste good" Haha!! Yes, the do taste good. If you are trying to be healthy and you need a little sweet, they do the trick...for me anyway!

I adapted the recipe from Chef This Up, but I changed a few things.

I said on my Facebook page that these were vegan, I lied...I looked up the ingredients in the chocolate chips and it says "may contain milk"



Peanut Butter-Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
6 tbsp of natural peanut butter ( I always use Earth Balance, it's clean and yummy)
2 tbsp of almond butter (I always use Justin's nut butters)
1 ripe banana
2 tbsp of coconut crystals
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup of 60% Cacao Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mash the banana until very creamy, mix in the nut butters, stir in coconut crystals, cinnamon, salt, and chocolate chips.

With a spoon, transfer clumps of the batter to a greased cookie sheet. Cook for 15 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment