Friday, June 14, 2013

Clean and Low-Carb Salmon Patty

I LOVE salmon patties. When I was 18, before I moved to the Virgin Islands, my mom asked me what I wanted my last meal at home to be. I chose a salmon patty, mashed potatoes, and green peas. YUMMY!!! 

I have made clean salmon patties before with Ezekiel bread crumbs, but lately I have been trying to eat clean and lower carb (not atkins, 90 carbs a day). So, I decided to try putting almond flour in my mix and they turned out great. It's really the most simple recipe ever. 

I put my patty on some field greens with a little goat cheese and some crunched up pecans to give it some crunch. Since my husband isn't doing low carb or eating as clean as I am, I split his patty in two and made him little sliders on some Hawaiian sweet rolls with some garlic stone ground mustard. His exact words were "I want this on our menu once a week!". Good enough for me!




Clean and Low-Carb Salmon Patties (Makes 2 large, or 4 small)
1 2.5oz package of salmon (found in the canned tuna aisle)
1/4 cup and 1 tbsp of Almond Flour
1 egg
1 crushed garlic glove
a dash of salt and pepper
a dash of Mrs. Dash in whatever flavor you want

Mix all ingredients together. Form your patties and place on a nonstick skillet on med heat. Cook each side about 5-6 minutes...until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment