Sunday, May 5, 2013

Strawberry Ice Cream



About 2 years ago my mom bought me a KitchenAid Ice Cream attachment for my mixer. I have yet to use it. When I heard that R and A Orchards, which is down the street from our cabin, had fresh strawberries I decided it was time to make some ice cream!

I used this recipe. The only thing I did different was I put it in a glass container with a lid in the freezer for about 1 hour after coming out of the mixer. I think I had to do this because I had to much ice cream mix in the bowl so it didn't freeze as well. 

I also added about 1/4 cup more sugar than it called for since I was adding strawberries and 2 extra teaspoons of vanilla. 

All in all it was very good and I will make it again for sure using this recipe as a base for whatever kind I want to make! My only complaint is it took a while to get the ice cream attachment on, but that was user error! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment