Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Clean 7 Layer Dip

This is a horrible picture! 
I took it with my phone on my lunch break and had to hurry!
Oh well, you get the idea!


Tonight is my turn to bring snacks to my discipleship group. I really wanted to go with something clean since I am doing so well right now with it and I am on a roll. I decided to make clean 7 layer dip. 

Clean 7 Layer Dip

Layer 1- Smashed Black Beans
1 can of organic black beans
1/4 cup of water
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of chili powder

Rinse and drain black beans. Add black beans and all other ingredients to a food processor. Mix until smooth.  Add black beans to your dish as your first layer.

Layer 2- Guacamole
2 avocados
1/4 cup of minced cilantro
2 minced garlic cloves
salt to taste

Peel and seed avocado. Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix until smooth. Layer on top of the black beans.

Layer 3- Greek Yogurt
1 cup of fat free Greek yogurt

Add layer of Greek yogurt to the Guac.

Layer 4- Salsa or diced tomatoes
3/4 cup of clean salsa or diced tomatoes

Add on top of the layer of Greek yogurt. ( I buy my clean salsa at Trader Joes, but here is a recipe)

Layer 5-Lettuce
Shredded lettuce

I used shredded baby spinach, but any lettuce is clean! Add this on top of the salsa or tomatoes.

Layer 6- Cheese
1/4 cup of shredded low fat colby jack cheese

Add to layer to the shredded lettuce.

Layer 7- Black Olives
One can of dice black olives

Drain black olives and sprinkle on top of cheese. ( I left these out since one member of my small group doesn't like them!)



No comments:

Post a Comment