Thursday, May 3, 2012

Clean Breakfast Tostada

This morning at 8:15 I decided I wanted something filling for breakfast. Something more than oatmeal or yogurt. I have to be logged into my computer by 8:30 so I only had 15 minutes to get this done! I bought quite a few avocados recently that I needed to use up so I decided on something Mexican. I have these yummy clean (for the most part...no sugar or white flour) corn tortillas so I decided to go for a tostada.



Once again a picture with my phone. Ever since I moved my office upstairs 
I either don't have my camera or if I do the card is plugged into the 
back of my computer. Normally I am in such a hurry to cook 
it and eat it that I gotta do what's available! 


Clean Breakfast Tostada
1 clean tortilla
2 Jennie-O Turkey Sausage Links with the casing removed
1 egg
1/8 cup shredded low fat cheese (I went with colby jack)
1/4 avocado sliced
1 tablespoon of greek yogurt (optional)
1 tablespoon of clean salsa (optional)
salt to taste

I fried my egg in a nonstick skillet with no oil. You can could your egg however you choose. While the egg was cooking I chopped up the sausage and cooked that in a nonstick skillet on med-high heat until it was cooked all the way through. I then placed the egg on top of the tortilla in a nonstick skillet on med-low. On top of the egg I added the cheese, cooked sausage, and avocado and cooked until cheese was melted. Once I removed it from the pan I added the salsa and greek yogurt.

This was a very filling breakfast. As far as the turkey sausage goes....I used the links with the casing removed because 1. I can never find this. 2. I like the portion control of it!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment