Friday, June 1, 2012

Junkless June

AKA NO SUGAR JUNE!!! This month I am kicking off no sugar month. When I say no sugar, I mean no refined added sugar. I will still eat fruit, agave, and honey. Just nothing with added white sugar. Which means I will be reading a lot of labels since they tend to sneak sugar into about EVERYTHING!!! No fructose, dextrose, sorbitol, or any of the other 100 things they call it! Even though I will have agave and honey, I am going to try to limit those as well.

My reason for starting this...

I went to my therapist yesterday and told her I can't even drive by a fast food restaurant without wanting to stop in. I am totally addicted to food. She said it's the sugar I am addicted to. It's a drug. So, with that said she wanted me to go 28 days without it to kick the habit. This is going to be really hard for me and I am going to need lots of prayers.

The thing about having a food (sugar) addiction is that it's socially acceptable and you have to eat to live. With that said, I can't just take food out of my life, but I can take sugar. She said this doesn't mean I will need to be sober from sugar, but that 28 days will kick the cravings. It will kick the wanting to go out to eat and thinking about food all the time. She said the sugar is running my brain.

So we will shall see. Going out to eat for my 5th anniversary to La Vigne this weekend and I had already looked at the dessert menu....no can do now! That's ok, my husband is sweet enough!!! ;)


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with this! I wish you lived locally...I would sooo try this with you! It's something I've thought a lot about, but there is no way I could do it alone. You should post often and let us know how it's going!!

    BTW- I'm addicted as well. Totally. It's a constant battle....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I know Jen! It sucks. Why couldn't I have been addicted to crack. I would be much smaller LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete