Monday, March 5, 2012

The Daniel Fast

Daniel 10
2 At that time I, Daniel, mourned for three weeks. 3 I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over.


Last weekend my husband, Mike, and I started the Daniel Fast. Basically it's Vegan with no sweeteners. No honey, agave, stevia....NOTHING!!!! That has been the hardest part so far (4 days). We have been juicing a lot to get something sweet in!! The first day I made oatmeal with peaches, ginger, and cinnamon. It tasted like slop. Ugh, but the juice I made to wash it down was great! I made it with 5 large kale leaves, 2 apples, 2 carrots, half of a pineapple, and one huge cucumber. It was very good. I had leftovers and had that for lunch. It's going to take a lot of planning to get through 21 days, but I think we can do it. So far the sugar and caffeine headaches have been the worst!

We have been eating clean so basically we are only removing meat, agave/honey, and a small amount of dairy from our daily routine.

I have been told that if you are not praying for something then it's not a fast, it's a diet. So during this fast I am focusing on praying about my diet and exercise and how hard it's been for me. Hopefully this gets me over the hump! Pray, Pray, Pray!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you are doing this! Can't imagine how hard it is...prayers coming your way! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! Yesterday was tough!!!!! Today is better so far. We did it last year, but only lasted 8 days. I hope we can make it to day 21 this time!

    ReplyDelete