Monday, March 26, 2012

Daniel Fast is over!!!

So the Daniel fast came to an end at 12:01am Saturday morning! We had originally planned to go to Marietta to the farmers market and a breakfast place on the square, but at 10:00p Friday night Mike said "Do you want to stay up until midnight and go to ihop?" It did not take much arm twisting to convince me!! I had 2 pancakes, half an order of hasbrowns, 1 slice of white toast, 1 egg, and 2 slices of bacon.....seriously!!! I followed this with a horrible case of heartburn ALL NIGHT LONG! It felt like a piece of coal was sitting in my throat all night! Horrible! Mike had a big thing of hashbrowns with cheese a japs and 2 nutella crepes with strawberry pie filling on top!!! We were out of control!

When we got up for breakfast that morning, neither of us were hungry so we waited for lunch to eat anything! It was a beautiful day. Sunny, a light breeze, 82 degrees. Amazing! We went to pure and sat on the rooftop patio and had chips and salsa, carne asada tacos, beans, rice, and of course margaritas! It was such a fun day. We felt like we did when we were dating and I had just moved here. We used to sit on patios and drink margaritas a lot back then. It was so nice to just relax!

For dinner we had Mellow Mushroom Philosopher's Pie! It was so dang good! Mike stuffed himself and couldn't sleep all night!

Sunday it was back to the clean eating! We got up to late to eat before church so we went out to eat afterwards. I had a salad and Mike had a whole wheat wrap with egg whites, smoked turkey, and crushed avocado. It was really good. For dinner we went to our neighbors and had more salad, salmon, squash, and potatoes! Super yummy.

So here are the things I took away from the fast.....

1. The ONLY reason I was able to get through 21 days was because of God.
2. I NEED God!!!
3. After eating like that for 21 days then eating like crap (like I used to), it will be easy to go back to clean eating. I just felt horrible after eating....heartburn, no sleep, sluggish! It really opened my eyes and that is why I did it, I needed an eye opener and it was happening.

All in all it was a great fast and I know we will do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment