Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sopapilla Cheesecake French Toast

I make a dessert called Sopapilla Cheesecake.  It's as easy as can be and so yummy.  I took the concept of it and turned it into french toast.  It has turned into my husband's favorite breakfast. I am going to try to share the recipe with you, but keep in mind that I never measure when cooking so all of these measurements are approximate.

One large baguette
One softened  package of cream cheese
3/4 cup of sugar
2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup of milk (I use fat free)
5 eggs
butter



Mix the softened cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla together and place back in the refrigerator.  

Mix eggs and milk until thoroughly blended in shallow dish.

Cut the french bread into 3/4 inch slices.  You will need two slices for one piece of french toast. One one slice, spread about 1 1/2 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture.  Place the other slice of bread on top.  Lay the bread in the egg mixture for about 1 minute and turn it over to the other slice for another minute.  Cook on medium heat in a skillet with melter butter.  Usually cook each side for about 4-5 minutes.  When I am almost done I put a little butter on the top part of the toast and sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar.  I serve it with a little bit of syrup, sprinkled with powdered sugar and Wright's bacon on the side (best bacon ever).  It will make about 8 pieces and normally my husband eats 2 pieces.  Enjoy!! (Wanted to take a picture, but my camera died...sorry)

Click here for the Sopapilla Cheesecake recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment