Friday, April 8, 2011

Pirate Party

About a year ago I helped my best friend throw a Pirate Party for her little boy who was turning 1. It was so cute and the kids had a blast. There was lots of pirate crafts, Wii sword fighting, and a scavenger hunt. The invitations read like this.....

Ahoy Mateys! Captain Cowen is turning 1!
Please join us for lots of loot and fun
We need all hands on deck for this party
For grub, games, and treasure hunts me heartie


Dress up gear

Captain Cowen! Birthday Boy!

Gettin some grub!

He found the loot! Anything from slinkies to pirate rubber duckies. There was stuff for all ages.

Scavenger Hunt Loot

Getting dressed up before the Hunt

Scavenger hunt clue

We went simple on the food. Goldfish, round cheese and crackers (doubloons), grapes (cannon balls), and pretzel sticks (pirate peg legs). I made the signs (Sails) for the food by taking white paper and soaking it in tea for about an hour. It became kind of stiff which was good. I then burnt the edges and put them on a skewer. The candles and candle holders were from pottery barn that I got on sale after Halloween. In the vase I put sand, some coins, a treasure chest, and some beads for a centerpiece. We went for an all black, red, gold and silver look.

This is the candy buffet. There were gold and black kisses, gold and red peanut butter cups, red twizzlers, and gummie skulls.

We had fish netting draped across the fireplace and I made a little red one with a pirate on it to go next to his newborn pics.



No comments:

Post a Comment